Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Personal Progress

Sometimes I go on blogging streaks and other times I hate blogging. Right now I'm on a blogging streak. Why? I wish I could answer that question. But unlike many of my posts that are so witty and sarcastic (all right just let me dream here), I was kind of contemplating last night and wanted to share my thoughts.

Yesterday I was putting my jewelry away in my jewelry box (weird, I know, but I'm trying to look nice when I go to school. Clayton's trying to make me look like a lady. Nice clothes that I don't work out in, jewelry, new haircut, who knows what's next.) and I came across my personal progress medallion that I got on 4/18/2004. I just took it out and though, wow, I made it! Last week I was in the Salt Lake temple with my awesome husband and had a great experience. We made it! I don't know if that really makes sense, but your whole life in church they tell you to prepare yourself to get married in the temple/go to the temple/etc. And I just thought, I spent all that time working on my personal progression and after all is said and done, I made it that far. Not to say I don't have a long way to go, but I am ridiculously happy right now, if stressed out. I know our life is kind of in limbo right now, but you know what? It will all work out, because we are doing our part and we are so happy together. The end. I am apparently not very good at saying what I want to say.

Oh yeah, last night was the season finale of Chuck, the first t.v. series I have ever followed vigilantly. Well, there was a ward young married couples fhe at the same time. :-( So, we decided to go to the fhe (good thing because only two couples came besides the ones that planned it) and watch old episodes I hadn't seen to get me caught up. And we had an awesome time at FHE and watching Chuck and I didn't feel guilty at all. Now we get to watch the finale on Hulu tomorrow. When I have an hour and a half to spend on it.

And last thing, Clayton made chicken tortilla soup last night (I handed him a recipe and gave hints while in the other room doing my homework) and he did a great job and added a few things to make it even awesomer! He loves food so much, one day he'll be an incredible cook.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm glad you married Clayton. You seem to be taking good care of him. :)

Also, can I please have your pulled pork recipe? Clayton was bragging about it the other day.

gobyucougars said...

I think you ALWAYS look like a lady.... just sometimes you're neater than others ;-) I'm glad Clayton's so handy (and willing!) around the house. Takes some of the stress off when you're bogged down with schoolwork. This is a "season" that will change and pass, but enjoy it while you're there!

Miss Taylor said...

You should ask her for her pound cake recipe. Oh, and chicken salad. Actually, maybe Erika should just write a cookbook for us all.

Never Enough Orange said...

I told her the same thing yesterday Taylor, but she rarely pays attention to what she does. she made this fabulous squash casserole but wasn't exact in what she did. maybe I should write while she cooks?

gobyucougars said...

OK Clayton, you are officially assigned cookbook writing duty! Good luck with that...

Lauren said...

You should definitely write while she cooks! I'm always looking for new recipes, and you're always bragging about hers Clay.