Monday, May 31, 2010

MEMORIAL DAY!

Happy day off of school everyone! Guess what I'm doing?!?!?! HOMEWORK! WOOT! Okay, so not all day. I'm just finishing up a moving picture project and learning a few Chinese characters. Then off to the park to play, maybe throw a hike in, over to a friend's house for dinner. And back home for an early bed time. Got to get well rested for the week ahead. Can you believe it? Only 16 days until spring term is over! That I am very excited about. Summer is going by quickly and it has been fun, but I'm not looking forward to fall semester in September. Too much business. Good thing I love to dance! My "moving picture" project is a movie on how to dance the Charleston, 5th grade style (definitely no couples dancing). I'll have it posted on my blog tomorrow if you want to see it. Also, I typed up my recipe for the squash casserole. Once I put it on my flash drive so that I can bring it from home to a computer with internet, I'll post it. Clayton is sitting next to me in the computer lab typing up his own blog post. Also we both journal-ed yesterday. We're pretty much being awesome little goal keepers. (Not the soccer kind). And, well, I don't even know what else. But we're having a great day so far! Can't wait to go play!

Oh yeah, Clayton is writing about our Friday night date, so I'll write about our unexpected Saturday night date! I got off work 4 1/2 hours early (4:45 instead of 9:15). Long story short, all the stores but Subway were supposed to be closed because of Memorial Day weekend, but none (absolutely zero) of the employees were informed. When we, as managers, found out on Saturday morning, after Taco Bell and Cougar Express had already opened, we had to call everyone and tell them not to come in and we shut down Taco Bell and Cougar Express early. So once Subway closed up, I headed home. Clayton and I met some friends at the park and threw a frisbee around, then ran to the grocery store for a few things. We went home and made a homemade pizza. Made the whole-wheat crust from scratch, added pizza sauce and bbq sauce for some pizzaz, then mozzarella, pepperjack, bell peppers, tomato slices, ham and pineapple, and a little parmesan on top. YUM! We ate and watched planet 51, that we rented from a redbox at the grocery store.

Yesterday was Clayton's first plan and make dinner himself adventure. I helped him make rolls from scratch and we did a roast in the crock pot with potatoes and carrots. Then he made some broccoli. Also we made monkey bread from scratch. That takes forever but it was oh so very good! If you couldn't guess, it was a teach Clayton how to use yeast kind of weekend. What should be the theme for next weekend?



The broccoli and vegetables



The roast and rolls



My lovely husband

3 comments:

Never Enough Orange said...

I like that last picture where the sun is silhouetting your lovely husband and you can not see me. Dinner was good though

Lauren said...

Fun! I hope you guys have a great day!

Miss Taylor said...

Aw. Y'all are so cute. I hope I can be that adorable when I'm newly married.