Monday, May 17, 2010

5 minutes

I'm in the library about to leave internet for the day, so I decided I'd post for five minutes. What about though? My mind is swirling in Chinese. Wo bu shufu! I mean I'm uncomfortable. Argh. Make it stop! Okay fine, I guess thinking in Chinese isn't that bad. At least I can mostly express myself. Keshi, I mean, but, I want to speak English too. Aiya! Seriously guys, it just keeps coming. Wo you hen duo gongke. I have to do some much homework tonight. Haiyou yi ge shangwang project. I am making a website for a pretend fifth grade dance class. It's fun, but I have to go home and make a pretend syllabus and powerpoint presentation for a class. Hmm... what to teach, what to teach??? What would you teach fifth graders about dance? They are learning about WWII right now. Maybe we'll do a power point about the Charleston and I can link youtube movies and make an instructional video. Good, I've already taught that class. That'll be easy. Now for the second class lesson plan... They are learning about poetry and earthquake/volcanoes/and weather erosion. That could be fun. I'm not sure how I could tie genetics to dance... In math we've got algebraic symbols, area and volume of a 3D object, working with decimals/fractions, and probability. All righty I need ideas people! That are preferably not in Chinese. I do have two other classes I'm taking after all...

By the way, I only know how to write in chinese characters on a mac. :-( Someone should teach me how on a p.c. Then all my wildest dreams would come true.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't help you with ideas, but this post cracked me up. I'm seeing a whole new side of you through your blog and I love it!

gobyucougars said...

Tying genetics to dance sounds like the easiest one yet! I picture pairs of children representing genes -- which one will be dominant? How about the whole class being organized into strands of DNA? Of course, you have to come up with the dance moves to go with it, but I know that part will be easy for you! Math through dance? Hmmmm.... that's a tricky one...

Emily P said...

Erika! So I was just looking at our class blogs to comment and I started reading this! Wo hui shou Zhongwen! Wo ai zhongguo! Ni you zhongwen ke ma? Wo ai ni!!!!!!!!!