Friday, May 7, 2010

It's my birthday!

Well, Clayton has required me to blog before we can go and get lunch and I am STARVING!!!! So, begrudgingly, I'll write this post. (I thought you got to do whatever you want on your birthday!)

Well, this morning Clayton woke me up at 3:30 in the morning to tell me what my birthday present was. (He might claim that he woke me up because I was having super crazy awful dreams where people were chasing me because they thought that I had murdered somebody and I was chasing the murderer because it wasn't my fault, but we all know that 21-year-olds don't have to be woken up to escape a nightmare).

In case you're wondering, he bought me tickets to go see a play "3 Musketeers" up in Salt Lake in a couple weeks. Yay! A real date! To be honest I don't mind our grab dinner out then watch psych or chuck at home dates, but I'm not complaining about this one either. Maybe I'll get to dress up in my new clothes... With sneakers of course -- no need to make my feet uncomfortable for the sake of matching my shirt.

After staying up for 10 minutes because I was too excited to fall asleep again (or because I wanted to make sure the dream would stay away -- take your pick), I fell back asleep until I had to get up at 6 am to get to my 6:30 meeting. They said they'd feed me a good breakfast -- and they fed us doughnuts. YUCK! I really don't like BYU's doughnuts. I like krispy kremes but byu's doughnuts leave this terrible taste in your mouth. Then I went home and pouted about the doughnuts that I didn't eat or bring home to Clayton because they're GROSS and got back in bed. :-) Got up at 9:15 (Happy birthday to me!)and ate a grape fruit and raisin bran. Then went and ran 3 miles (I did the first two miles in 16:07 -- my new record!) and did some weights, stretching, etc. Next, I went to Chinese and did a skit my group prepared. Everyone loved ours the best because it included a prince, princess, evil man, and magical cabbage. What is better than that?

Now I'm at the library typing a blog so that Clayton will feed me. The end!

P.S. As an addendum, I know I'm wacko for spending my day working out and eating grapefruit and raising bran, but I figured your birthday should be the day you feel the best on -- and I feel crappy when I eat crappy kinds of food. That's my goal lately -- to figure out what feels good. Still working on that one...

2 comments:

gobyucougars said...

You're going to see a play about a candy bar?!?! That's ok... it's my favorite kind of candy bar, at least. Seriously though, is it a musical or just regular? I didn't know they did that as a play.

Of course you can eat grapefruit on your birthday but I sure don't know why you'd actually WANT to! Did you use the handy dandy spoons I got ya? Oh, and congrats on the new personal best. Wish I could WALK as far as you RUN. Love ya!

Miss Taylor said...

I'm glad you enjoyed most of your birthday - sorry about the doughnuts and nightmare.
Ok, does that count as an acceptable comment? I really do love reading your blog! My commentary is simply less than exciting... Love you!