Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Easiest Pulled Pork in the World

about 5 pound boston butt pork roast
about 1/2 c. of water
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (I love local flavors from Memphis, but Sweet Baby Ray's rasberry chipotle is pretty good too).

Cut all the gross fat off the outside of the roast. Cook it in your crockpot with the water on low heat for 8-10 hours. I usually do at least 10 hours since I'll put it in right before I go to bed and we'll eat it after we come home from church. I've done up to 16 hours before. About 1 hour before you want to eat your delicious homemade pulled pork, pull the pork out of the crock pot and pour out most of the juices. Shred the pork with a fork and knife (it should basically fall apart), return it to the crock pot, turn the heat to high, and pour in the bottle of bbq sauce. You can add more or less depending on your preference. I will do a whole bottle and then have extra to add on my sandwich, nachos, salad, or anything else I make to go with the pork. But I love my bbq sauce.

And that is it! Sorry I am so very exact. I won't be posting my chicken salad recipe, because there is none. And that, as Clayton said, is my problem. I just make it up as I go. :-( But go ahead and ask. I'll type something up for you to try!

3 comments:

gobyucougars said...

So, where do you think Sweet Baby Ray is from? I've used his BBQ sauce exclusively since I met him at the Collierville Kroger giving out samples! He said he was from "just over in Miss'ippi" so I figure that counts as Memphis flavors...

Lauren said...

Thanks! I can't wait to try it. I love BBQ sauce too.

Lauren said...

We tried this tonight. It was so yummy! The kids loved it too--Cassidy ate all of hers (which is saying something)! I had to laugh when the BBQ sauce I pulled out of the fridge was Sweet Baby Ray's. I did NOT do that on purpose!