Monday, May 24, 2010

Our date...

Well, last Friday Clayton and I decided to go on a date. Having planned it two weeks beforehand, we were ready to go! I got out of class at 1:50 and we were in the car at 2 pm, on our way up to Salt Lake! Five minutes into the trip, we realize we forgot the gift certificate to the restaurant we were headed to, (I hid it in a place that we wouldn't forget it...you all know how that goes). So, we went back home and were back on our way at 2:30 with snacks to help us last until dinnertime. We got up to Salt Lake and only had to circle the conference center once before figuring out how to enter the parking garage. We went in the Salt Lake Temple and did a session. It was fairly entertaining since we had no idea where we were going inside and were always asking for directions and hoping we could get back to the place we said we would meet back up. But we survived and enjoyed it and were VERY HUNGRY! So, we walked back to the car to grab the gift certificate. I changed into tennis shoes and we were on our way to the restaurant. We walked since it was only three blocks down. We arrived and, to our dismay, there was a sign on the door. Upon further inspection, we determined that we could not eat at that restaurant, as it was closed early for a private function! ARGH! So, we ran across the road to Gandolfo's deli and ate sandwiches. By the time we left it was RAINING! We walked the three blocks in the rain. No worries though, we were still on time for the play we were going to see! We got to the play, Clayton dropped me off so I could pick up the tickets at will call while he parked the car. The ticket agent proceeded to tell me that she had no tickets for "Cravath". I went to talk to a different lady, who looked it up and told me our tickets were for next Friday, the 28th! I went to tell Clayton who had just walked in, and once I told him I just started crying! It was so silly, and I wasn't upset. It was just us not paying attention to things likes dates of performances and having bad luck. But I just start crying and feel bad that I'm making Clayton feel bad, blah, blah, blah. So we get in the car and go home...

Don't worry, there is a happy ending to this story! I took a shower and calmed down,(I was mostly just stressed out in general, truly I didn't cry all evening over a play), and then my awesome husband played boggle with me! And guess what!?!?! He beat me twice! Out of probably five or six rounds. He's starting to like my favorite game, I just know it. All in all, we had an AWESOME Sunday yesterday (we just stayed home after church and made peanut butter cookies and had mahimahi and squash casserole for dinner), and now I get to laugh about how tragic our date was Friday. Plus, I have something to look forward to for this Friday!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

But what a great story you have to tell. Sounds like fun. And I'll bet the temple was awesome.

Never Enough Orange said...

I was hoping you wouldn't put some stuff in here, but oh well. I still love you. now we have something to look forward to on Friday.

Lauren said...

Is it sad that I'm jealous of your bad date? Any date is better than none! :)

gobyucougars said...

I'm with Lauren... any date would be good...

Miss Taylor said...

Wow. I love you. ;)