Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Suppers

So, I've decided to come up with a type of blogging I might just like...talking about the food I make! YAY! In case you didn't know, every Sunday, I make about 3 big dinners for us to eat the rest of the week. I wash and cut all the fruit and veggies and bag it in one serving size bags. Then I put all the dinners into single serving size tupperware for lunches throughout the week. I know it's a little overkill, but I really like the kitchen. I do everything in the kitchen, and Clayton can do everything else. This week we are going to be at Lake Powell on a houseboat with friends! So, the cooking was a little different. We're in charge of bringing all the food for lunches all week and two dinners.

The lunch menu includes:
sloppy joes
grilled cheese
deli sandwiches
brats and hot dogs
chips
string cheese
fruit snacks
cookies
assorted fruits and veggies

Dinner:
Pork chops, stuffing, green beans, and red potatoes
Pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, and corn on the cob

Here are some pictures:



There's pineapple, grapes, cucumbers, corn, and lettuce.

Sloppy joe filling, potato salad, jicama, and peanut butter cookies...


Chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, and peanut butter cookies! (I made three separate batches -- each of those stacks is seven or eight cookies...)

Yes, everything is in ziploc bags. I can hardly believe it myself, but it will be so much more convenient to pack in an ice chest than tupperware. So, that was my weekend! That, work, and running! And I am ready to go on VACATION!!!!

***Well, not really ready at all. Now I'm going to go pack...wish me luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome. And what's even more awesome is the tiny kitchen you do all this in! Hope you two have a wonderful time. I know you'll use sunscreen, but make sure that husband of yours does, too.

gobyucougars said...

I wish I was there to help sample all that cooking! Have fun!!!

Taylor said...

Sometimes I just wish I could be more like you. That is a huge mountain of food...