Sunday, June 26, 2011

Clayton's BIRTHDAY!

SURPRISE! Clayton has lived all the way to thirty! As he put it, it's all downhill from here. On the upside of things, I've decided to take up cake decorating. So, I bought new decorating tips and made him a black cake (since he's turning 30) with orange decorations. Here are some pictures:
Pretty smooth icing, huh?


Adding a licorice border. I almost wanted to take it off because it left a pretty cool design on the icing too. I may do that another time.

And playing with all my new icing tips. Clayton had to convince me to quit -- I wanted to keep finding more ways to add icing... It was so fun!


And since I couldn't find any nice looking number candles at Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart, I though that the pinwheels were a nice finishing touch.


And the kitchen after I finished...Don't worry. I cleaned it up.

The party animals by the pool!

We had a lot of fun. Very successful thirtieth birthday in my opinion.

7 comments:

Heather said...

oooooh! that cake is so awesome! I love it! pinwheels are pretty cool.... but I do hope you didn't light them:)

Heather said...

Oh! and I am glad that Clayton has made it all the way to 30.

Unknown said...

I'm glad Clayton made it all the way to 30, too! The cake looks awesome! Bet he loved it. You did a great job with the decorating. Wish I could have been there!

gobyucougars said...

Wow! The messiest I've ever seen your kitchen... but it was easy to believe that you cleaned it up quick. Where do you get that from, anyway?

gobyucougars said...

Of course, I LOVED the cake! I used to do cakes like that all the time... I think I whipped out the old equipment for Clayton's soccer ball cake and it has been in hiding again ever since...

Taylor said...

So glad you got to have a fun party :)

Lauren said...

Did I ever tell you how much I like the cake you made Clay? It looks like you had tons of fun making it!