Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Suppers #2

Well, here I go, trying to establish my own blogging tradition. We'll see how long it lasts... Anyway, today, I laid down with Clayton to take a nap. He got up, but let me sleep for 3 hours! This resulted in not finishing the cooking until 10:15 -- super late for me! Oh well... he really prizes sleeping and cannot grasp the concept that I WANT to be woken up, even if it looks like I need the sleep. As for our vacation, it was great! I'm going to let Clayton cover it though. He put up pictures on facebook, and maybe, just maybe, he'll blog about it, if we all ask very nicely. :-)


So, for the cooking today, I had potatoes to get rid of. I made roasted red potatoes with butter, thyme, Tony's seasoning, olive oil, salt and pepper. YUM!


Next, I made a bruschetta chicken bake. I love this recipe, and I found it on the back on the chicken stove top box! All I do is marinate and grill chicken breasts, then sprinkle with basil and mozzarella. Next you mix stuffing, diced tomatoes, water, and garlic and pour it on top. Bake it and you're done!


Next came a potato casserole that I had growing up, and Clayton and I both really like it. First, make mashed potatoes with onion and garlic (adding milk, butter, salt, and pepper when you mash them). Then, I add diced sausage, shredded cheese, and parmesan cheese and put it in a dish. Decorate the top with sliced sausage, cheese, and thyme, and bake!


Finally, I made veggie bags. I make these every week. They each include: jicama, cucumber slices, red pepper slices, and baby carrots. That way I make sure Clayton eats his vegetables even when he makes his lunch in a rush!


Well, that's it! Happy Father's day! I hope this post didn't make you too hungry...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks yummy! Are those the potatoes you made when we were there? Loved them! I'd have to pick out the sausage on that one dish, but other than that, I'd eat it all! Hope you'll keep doing this. Oh, and love that pic of you and Clayton!

gobyucougars said...

I've made that chicken recipe too -- it's one of our favorites! Of course, the kids love the potato swirl too. Everything looks amazing. Wish you were close enough to share with us sometimes! Maybe we should have a countdown. How many days until you're back in Tennessee?

Taylor said...

Just love you :)