Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bodies

First of all, I'm really not sure what in Utah I'm allergic to. I've just had a stuffed up nose since the day before the wedding and got tired of it so I went to the doctor. She said it takes 1 1/2 to 2 years in a place before you develop allergies. I've been here a little over 2 years and the flonase is helping. So, it's probably something in the air -- but I am not so curious as to go get tested to figure it out.

Also, I just wanted to get on my blog and write about how thankful I am for my body. I had some auditions today and didn't make it. :-( But it got me to thinking about reasons to be happy.

1. I can still spend the little bit of time I have everyday with Clayton instead of giving up even more time to rehearsals.

2. I am a dance major! That in and of itself is a privilege!

3. I ran 2 1/4 miles today and stopped because I had to go and meet Clayton -- not because I was tired.

4. I get to keep this body forever, so now I have the opportunity to explore what incredible things my body can do and understand more fully how body and soul are one.

That's just what's currently on my mind. Musings of a dancer that uses and abuses every muscle in her body on a daily basis. However, my body is my job, my homework, and what gives me what I love. I've gathered it's not the same for everyone... :-)

Why do people hate their bodies? Our culture has a mindset of being a mind and a body. Why not love your body and learn about it and care about it? Isn't it the whole purpose of being alive in the first place? But the devil does like to put down what matters most. The obesity problem is not only a health epidemic, but a spiritual epidemic. The farther your head gets from your body, the less you'll care about taking care of this great gift.

Trust me, I know life is busy, but your body is what you live life in. Why not love it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was going to write a witty comment about how I hope I'm not stuck with THIS body for eternity, then I read the rest of your post. You are exactly right. There are some things I would change about my body and most of them are in my power to do so. I just get lazy. Thanks for making me think.