Monday, June 22, 2009

School's out!

So, spring term ended last week. Finals are over. I got straight A's! YEAH! That's my first time in college. And I was only stressed out for about two weeks out of the seven. I feel like that's a record.

Also, Clayton and I took a road trip down to St. George last weekend. I took my last final Thursday morning then worked two shifts (10:30-3:45 and 4:45-8). As soon as I finished at work, Clayton picked me up and we started our journey, picking up my friend Shannon (who is from St. George) on the way. After stopping briefly at Staples to pick up a work check, we left Provo at 8:45. We stopped once around 10:30 and bought a package of Spree's to keep Clayton awake. The rest of the trip was a battle of willpower -- to sleep or stay awake. Every time I got tired, I would stick a spree in Clayton's mouth and starting scratching his head or back, or squeeze his hand, or anything else I could think of to keep him going. We got there at 12:20. Clayton drove all the way. And we were quite safe, which is why I did not drive. :) We had a lovely breakfast with Shannon's family, then collected directions and ideas for where we could visit in St. George.

We took a tour of Brigham Young's winter home, took pictures at the temple, and then headed of to Rock Cliff's Recreation Site, which is like a national park on a smaller scale. We started hiking, and sometimes detoured to climb some of the rock formations. Somehow, we veered from the trail (which we though we were following) and dead ended at a mountain. We thought this meant we had to climb it, so we started up. It was an intense climb. Two-thirds or the way up, we realized it was stupid to go any farther without gear, so we made the trek down. It was quite the adventure.


the St. George temple


Hiking, climbing, etc.


The mountain that we climbed most of.

1 comment:

gobyucougars said...

Congrats on the grades, chick! Not that I'm surprised -- but you were SO worried about taking the advanced writing class because it was "not what you do well." Guess that just made you a liar, huh? :-)

BTW, I'm glad you had fun on your trip and I'm extra glad you made it back down the mountain in one piece! Love ya!