Saturday, June 13, 2009

Engagement pictures!!!

We did it!!! WE FINALLY DID IT! We took our engagement pictures -- YAY! I've been dragging my feet because I didn't have a shirt I wanted to wear. But I finally just decided enough was enough, and engagement pictures were taken. Over two hundred of them. I awoke at 5:45 this morning, got dressed, put on make-up, curled my hair, and woke Clayton with a text at 5:50. He freaked out thinking that it was an hour later than it was, then realized his alarms did not fail to ring, it was not time for them to go off yet. We picked up the photographer and went over to Bridalveil falls (appropriately named, isn't it?). We walked around while Kaylie followed us with a camera. Then she walked backwards in front of us with a camera. Then she posed us on benches and took pictures in front of, behind, next to, underneath, and hovering over us on her hovercraft. (okay, fine, there was no hovercraft. She just plain floated. Incredible.) We matched and just plain looked cute.

However, on our return from the falls, we were accosted by Indians beating drums, chanting, and stomping with their ankles covered in shells that shook as the walked. They demanded that we hand them our "soul-stealer" (camera) or we would never escape. The falls were behind us, the highway in front, and fierce Native Americans on either side. The only solution was to hand over the pictures that we worked so diligently all morning to obtain. I guess we'll have to try again next week... :-(

I wonder if we need to buy the photographer a new camera? Does insurance cover Indians?

2 comments:

gobyucougars said...

Hmmmm... you didn't mention the indians when you told me about the picture taking experience. Was this just to see if anyone was really reading to the end?

Miss Taylor said...

You are very entertaining.