Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

The past couple weeks have been INSANE! I've had projects and tests and extra hours at work and my new calling in the Relief Society Presidency at church. I just haven't had much time to sleep and relax. Friday I got this randomly terrible back pain while at work and by Saturday most of the back pain was gone, but my stomach started hurting terribly. Five days later, it still hurts. And the doctor has no clue. Awesome. It's hard to dance when your stomach is in pain...

However, when it rains it pours and I'm just adding new experiences to my repertoire. I was reading in St Matthew 6 and really enjoyed verses 28-30 and 33. I decided to try and apply it to my life. I'm just trying really hard to trust that God will provide. He definitely did this morning when I was terrified that I would fail my history test. Somehow He knows exactly how to help us. I just need to give up all the trust I have in my own performance skills, and sometimes that is hard. Not that I think I can do a better job, but it's simply easier when you're in control. You can blame yourself if and when you mess up.

To make a long story short, even with my unidentifiable stomach pain, it's been a good week. I've been able to really push myself and see how far I can go. And more importantly, I'm learning to trust in someone bigger than myself.

No comments: