Monday, October 13, 2008

Leaves are falling all around

This weekend my best friend Hollie drove the seventeen hours from Stillwater, OK, to Provo, UT. That is commitment... :-) On Saturday we drove up the canyon to see the leaves change. I was told it was something that I HAD to see. So, I took the opportunity to go. We spent about three hours up there and saw all the wonder and beauty of the fall. As much as I hate the fall, because it signifies that winter and cold are coming, the foliage is beautiful. There was a little bit of the first snowfall on the ground as well! I just couldn't help but think..."what a wonderful world!" What a creation. The Earth is amazing. What is even more amazing is knowing that the earth is not God's greatest creation; that award goes to the human body! Sometimes I have trouble thinking why I would want my body with me forever and ever. However, learning about how magnificent it really is helps me to take care of it better.

There have been so many times in my life that I've seen something in nature that simply took my breath away. Then I think about how many times I see people who do the same. To follow Jesus' example of loving everyone, I've got to learn how to not judge others -- especially by their appearance, because, the human body is just as magnificent as Niagra Falls. Jesus sent out his gospel to every human being on the planet. That gives me the example to love everybody equally. And I'm working on it.

On a second note, I'm learning what an intriguing thing the mind is. It controls your body and your emotions. In dance I've been learning how my attitude affects my movement quality. If I have confidence, I'm able to do things that I can't do otherwise.

This complex body we have is all interconnected, and the health of body, mind, and spirit affect it, just like pollution, weather, and wildlife affect nature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Clayton's mom. Love the new look on the blog (I've been lurking for a while). Where did the orange inspiration come from? ;-)

Your observations are beautiful and inspiring. I like the way you think. Thanks for sharing.