Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wow!

Sometimes life just gets a hold of you and time flies by! Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since I've blogged! I finished my finals! I've got two A's and I'm still waiting on Chinese... it's a borderline A/A- so I just don't know! I worked 40 hours last week and somehow am doing that again this week... It's going to stop though. 30 hours next week is PLENTY for my sanity (or lack thereof!).

Friday, Clayton and I had planned a date. Sound kind of funny, I know, but we were going to have a picnic in our bedroom and watch Chuck. (By the way, I am not entirely caught up and we can move on to catching me up in psych. These marathons take a long time because I rarely have more than an hour...)We made turkey burgers with homemade buns (SOOO good!) and corn on the cob, chips and dip, veggies and dip, YUM! We probably had ice cream afterwards knowing us, but who knows? I don't remember. It was really fun. And it was nice after a whole week of closing Taco Bell every night and getting home at 10. Friday I got home at 8:30! Woot!

Also, Clayton and I have been walking everywhere lately! And I totally love it. Except for those last five minutes up the hill to our house where it gets super steep...it's really fun. We get to talk together without music blaring in the car (not that music is bad, it just jumbles my thoughts and distracts me). We get to enjoy the rather chilly weather Utah has at 7:30 in the morning on the way down to school and wish we were in Tennessee where it's warm. It's fun. And I feel good about being free from the car. Not HAVING to use it. I know it's totally not possible for many people to go without a car, but my dream is to one day live close enough to places to walk, yet have a big yard to play in and a park nearby... One day! Anyways, I'm heading to work for the next five hours and then more homework and class! YAY!

Oh two more things. This semester I am taking Chinese (big surprise there) and a religion class called LDS marriage and family. I like them both a lot so far and I hope they stay fun. Seven weeks is a perfect length for a class. It doesn't drag on and on forever like in winter. And the other thing is tomorrow is Clayton's birthday. And he's begging me to let him open his present at midnight. I don't want to be up at that hour, personally. What do you think? Should I let him? Or make him wait until eight thirty at night when I get home from work tomorrow? :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the grades! That's great, especially with being married and working. You are being such a good influence on Clayton. I'm impressed that he ate turkey burgers. And just so you know--it's not warm in Tennessee. It's HOT! The high today is 97 with a heat index between 100 and 105. Yikes!

Clayton was born at 3:45AM--make him wait till then!

Miss Taylor said...

Do whatever you please - and have fun!

Lauren said...

Good job on school. I always like summer classes too. You don't have time to get bored!

Thanks for taking care of Clayton's present! I hope you didn't make him wait too long.