Monday, March 9, 2009

Sticking it to the Man

Oh Provo, the "dry"est town this side of Texas, where people get thrills from throwing snowballs at policemen and packing ten people into a five seated vehicle, I love you! Where people buy IBC root bear six packs and have chugging contents, where one must think creatively to find missionary opportunities, Provo, you provide endless hours of entertainment. On Friday, I looked out my window and witnessed a pack of thirty or more bikers casually biking north past my apartment with a police car following close behind. Rory opened the door and shouted, "What are you doing?" The reply came, "Just riding our bikes. Every first Friday of the month! The police can't do ANYTHING -- It's AWESOME!" Oh Provo. The end. :-)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Sometimes I really miss Provo. Walking to Smith's and the Provo Bakery, going to a neighbor's apartment whenever I was bored, projecting movies onto the sides of buildings and bringing our couches into the yard while we watched them...

Unknown said...

I tagged you and Clayton--see my blog for what to do.