Saturday, January 15, 2011

Watch out...it's another blog :-)

Okay, don't get excited. It's nothing much, but here is a video of the choreography I'm working on for this semester's dancEnsemble concert. I'm very happy with where it's going, and can you believe these dancers and I have only had about 4 hours of rehearsal?!?!?! They're amazing. I know the ending is a little rough, but we're working on it, and we've got another two months before we are performing. This is the first half of the piece. The second half is to swing low sweet chariot. Any ideas for costumes?


YAY!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Cassidy loves this. She keeps asking me to watch it again and again!

Miss Taylor said...

Erika! That was sooo cute. I just love it. I wish I could be there for the real performance... Costumes- I'm thinking 1950's dresses? Simple, cotton day dresses?

gobyucougars said...

I agree with Taylor on the dresses -- that would be so cute! But, they'd have to have HATS and white gloves and purses... and how would you keep them on? :D

The only other thing I thought of was train engineer hats, but you'd have to lose them for the 2nd half.

gobyucougars said...

OK, so I keep thinking about this and are you trying to channel more of a slave theme? Maybe aprons and head wraps (don't know what they're really called) are what you're after. Of course, I could be way off again...