Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mass Transit

I just got home from an eight hour shift at subway...I'm tired! And I've got to clean the bathroom for cleaning checks. I realize this has nothing to do with the title -- i'll get back to that in a minute, but WHY do adults who pay rent every month -- on time -- need to go through a cleaning check once a month? Why are they so ridiculously picky? And everything must be perfect. I clean every inch of the bathroom -- literally. Including the ceiling. My bed has to be made (okay I do that everyday anyway) and my bookshelf and blinds dusted. Why does everyone in Provo (who is not married) have to go through this? Why? And if I don't do a satisfactory job on it, I get fined. If it gets messed up by someone else after I clean it and before it gets checked, too bad. I have no problem cleaning. I like a clean house. I hate messes. I have a problem with being treated with less freedom than my parents treated me with Saturday cleaning. Oh well. I can't really do anything about it. And I'll try not to get into my ranting about the byu-approved housing monopoly which pushes prices up. :-) (How does my best friend in Oklahoma pay fifty dollars more a month than me and get her own room and share a bathroom and kitchen with one other girl? What I wouldn't do for more fridge space...)

Anyways, this was all to inform everyone that I will now be spending the next two hours deep cleaning the bathroom that four girls share. Yay. And I'd rather be cleaning subway for eight hours any day. I guess I'll just turn on some music and get to work...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had something good to keep you company

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, not everyone was taught as well as you obviously were. The cleaning checks are more than likely to protect the building owners than anything else. Having the checks often keeps messes from getting out of hand.

I know a certain someone we should have checked on more frequently--daily would have been ideal! Now the mess is almost at the burn it all and rebuild stage. Aren't you glad Clayton is such a clean, neat fella?

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid you're not comparing apples to apples. Hollie's apartment is not furnished -- they didn't even have curtains! If you compare prices on furnished and unfurnished apartments, there's a huge difference.

Sorry we forced you to clean on Saturdays, but I'm glad you learned enough to at least be able to clean on your own, unlike certain other children I have...